Please note that there may be slightly longer processing times and other service changes due to the coronavirus. Regretfully, we are unable to provide in-person customer service or receive requests via mail at this time.

Educational Records Name Change

To update the online Alumni Directory with your new name, please contact, visit the Alumni Web site, or call 617.495.6438 for more information.

You have two options on how your name will be filed in MBA Registrar Services records:

  1. Keep the name under which you were registered as a student—we will cross-reference your former name with your new legal name. Your transcript, certificates of attendance, and degree verifications will be in your original name.
  2. Update your official records, including your transcript, to your new legal name.

Please contact Alumni Records ( to initiate a name change with HBS External Relations for both options above.

If you are requesting a legal name change to have all of your educational records updated to your new name, please download, print, complete, and send the Alumni Name Change Request form by email to

View information on ordering a replacement diploma.