Leadership Fellows Program: Next Steps & Key Dates
To be considered as a Leadership Fellows site for the 2013-14 Fellowship year, organizations must submit a proposal by September 5, 2012.
The Steering Committee will select a limited number of proposals to create a portfolio of opportunities balanced by sub-sector and geography. The committee's decisions are based on the scope and nature of the proposed position along with the capacity of the organization to utilize the Fellow’s leadership and management skills and provide a meaningful leadership development experience.
Once selected, organizations are listed as available opportunities for students. Student interest in the posted positions will determine the number of candidates available for a particular position.
HBS will facilitate the student application process and make applications available to the organizations. The organizations will determine how many applicants they would like to interview and make final hiring decisions.
Key Dates: 2012 – 2013
- September 5, 2012: deadline for organizations to submit a proposal
- September 19, 2012: organization selection by HBS
- October 18, 2012: student application deadline
- October 26, 2012: deadline for organizations to submit their interview lists
- November 5 or 7, 2012: organizations interview candidates at Harvard Business School
- November 10 - December 7, 2012: timeline for completing second round interviews and making an offer.
- January 11, 2013: deadline for student decisions
- January 30, 2013: If first offer is not accepted and a second offer is made -- final deadline for organization to make offers through Leadership Fellows program
- Summer 2013- Summer 2014: one-year Fellowship term