Leadership Fellows Program: Next Steps & Key Dates
The organization proposal deadline has passed for the 2014-15 Fellowship year. Proposals for 2015-16 will be due in early September 2014. Check back in June 2014 for more program information.
To be considered as a Leadership Fellows site for the 2014-15 Fellowship year, organizations must submit a proposal by September 4, 2013.
The Steering Committee will select a limited number of proposals to create a portfolio of opportunities balanced by sub-sector and geography. The committee's decisions are based on the scope and nature of the proposed position along with the capacity of the organization to utilize the Fellow’s leadership and management skills and provide a meaningful leadership development experience.
Once selected, organizations are listed as available opportunities for students. Student interest in the posted positions will determine the number of candidates available for a particular position.
HBS will facilitate the student application process and make applications available to the organizations. The organizations will determine how many applicants they would like to interview and make final hiring decisions.
Key Dates: 2013 – 2014
- September 4, 2013: deadline for organizations to submit a proposal
- September 19, 2013: organization selection by HBS
- October 17, 2013: student application deadline
- October 24, 2013: deadline for organizations to submit their interview lists
- November 4 or 6, 2013: organizations interview candidates at Harvard Business School
- November 7 - December 9, 2013: timeline for completing second round interviews and making an offer.
- January 10, 2014: deadline for student decisions
- February 3, 2014: If first offer is not accepted and a second offer is made -- final deadline for organization to make offers through Leadership Fellows program
- Summer 2014 - Summer 2015: one-year Fellowship term (Fellowship year must start between July 15 to August 30, 2014)