Leadership Fellows Program: Next Steps & Key Dates
To be considered as a Leadership Fellows site for the 2015-16 Fellowship year, organizations must submit a proposal by one of two application deadlines: the first deadline of September 4, 2014 to participate in the fall recruiting process or the second deadline of January 22, 2015, to participate in the smaller, pilot spring recruiting process. HBS will facilitate two, distinct student application and interview processes for each proposal deadline. See below for key dates. An organization that submits a proposal for the fall process but is not selected may re-submit an application by the second deadline to be considered for the spring process.
The Steering Committee will select a limited number of proposals to create a portfolio of opportunities balanced by sub-sector and geography. The committee's decisions are based on the scope and nature of the proposed position along with the capacity of the organization to utilize the Fellow’s leadership and management skills and provide a meaningful leadership development experience.
Once selected, organizations are listed as available opportunities for students. Student interest in the posted positions will determine the number of candidates available for a particular position. HBS will facilitate the student application process and make applications available to the organizations. The organizations will determine how many applicants they would like to interview and make final hiring decisions on the hiring timeline below.
2014-15 Leadership Fellows Recruiting Timelines
Fall 2014 Recruiting Process:
- September 4, 2014: deadline for organizations to submit a proposal
- September 18, 2014: organization selection by HBS
- October 16, 2014: student application deadline
- October 23, 2014: deadline for organizations to submit their interview lists
- November 3 or 5, 2014: organizations interview candidates at Harvard Business School
- November 6 - December 4, 2014: timeline for completing second round interviews and making offer(s).
- December 5, 2014*: deadline for organizations to make first offer. Earliest possible deadline for student decisions.
- January 13, 2015: last date by which an organization can extend an offer
- January 27, 2015: final deadline for student decisions
* HBS Recruiting Policies require that hiring organizations give students until December 5, 2014 or two weeks from the date the student receives the written offer, whichever date is later to make a decision.
Spring 2015 Recruiting Process:
- January 22, 2015: deadline for organizations to submit a proposal
- February 5, 2015: organization selection by HBS
- February 26, 2015: student application deadline
- March 5, 2014: deadline for organizations to submit their interview list
- March 25, 2015: organizations interview candidates at Harvard Business School
- March 26 - April 6, 2015: timeline for completing second round interviews and making offer(s)
- April 7, 2015: deadline for organizations to make first offer
- April 22, 2015: last date by which an organization can extend an offer
- May 6, 2015: final deadline for student decisions
Summer 2015 - Summer 2016: one-year Fellowship term (Fellowship year must start between July 15 to August 30, 2015)