Hiring organizations must provide written commitment to students in order to satisfy the eligibility requirements of the student for the HBS Social Enterprise Summer Fellowship program.
Specifics of Commitment
To become eligible for an HBS Social Enterprise Summer Fellowship, students are required to submit with their application a signed letter from a senior executive of the host organization addressed to the prospective Fellow and setting forth the actual job offer and the specifics of the position:
- Specific project to be completed by the student
- Job responsibilities
- Other members of the project team (if any)
- Name, title, telephone number and fax number of project supervisor
- Level of administrative support available
- Human resources contact
- Facility and equipment resources allocated (office, computer, etc.)
- Starting date and ending date
- Number of weeks and hours per week
- Compensation (weekly)
The expectation is that organizations will pay $600-$1,000 per week. In addition to this salary commitment from organizations, students may apply for supplemental funding through the HBS Social Enterprise Summer Fellowship, which is awarded on a rolling, funds-available basis. We would expect organizations to pay $600-$1,000/week if possible.
For those organizations unable to pay $600/week, please complete the additional information requested in the Organization Data Sheet. This information will be reviewed carefully by the Selection Committee in the application decision process.