Throughout periods of economic expansion and contraction, investment banking has been an industry from which numerous HBS students arrive to campus and into which many HBS students enter upon graduation. Regardless of the economic cycle, corporations, governments and individuals always require contributors who can provide innovative, specialized counsel and deliverables. The exciting combination of financial expertise and strategic thinking that embodies Investment banking is a natural fit for the HBS curriculum and HBS students.
- 460 students report having experience in Investment Banking prior to attending HBS
- Over 250 students make up the Investment Club
- HBS brings Training The Street to campus several times a year to augment students' financial and modeling skills
For first year students, investment banks typically come to campus beginning in November and interview for summer internships during the HBS Dedicated Interview Period (January 20-23, 2014). The summer internship is a key component for many investment banks' full time hiring process, as it provides a firm several weeks to assess a candidate's skills, fit and potential.
- Contact Our Office.
- Connect with the Finance Club.
- Reach out to other clubs for a diverse group of students with an interest in Investment Banking: Investment Club, Turnaround and Restructuring Club and Armed Forces Alumni Association.
- Request a complimentary club resume book: Finance Club.
- Questions about connecting with students interested in Investment Banking? Please contact Jonathan Shepherd (jshepherd+hbs.edu) and Drew Davis (ddavis+hbs.edu).