Companies may choose to participate in Company Information Day, host a Company Presentation, or host a content presentation. To schedule any of the following recruiting events, please review our event dates and submit your reservation request via Career Hub.
- Company Information Day
Company Information Day is a great way to generate excitement about your company and to initiate communications with interested first-year students. Students have no academic or extra-curricular conflicts during Company Information Day, thus maximizing attendance. Please note companies may choose to participate in Company Information Day or host a Company Presentation; however, companies may not participate in both.
- First-year on-campus recruiting launches with this event on October 28th, 2014.
- Companies will have the opportunity to give a 30-minute presentation on-campus. Presentations are scheduled with limited industry conflicts.
- Company Presentations (On- and Off-Campus)
As an alternative to Company Information Day, you may choose to hold a company presentation. Presentations provide an excellent opportunity for a company to educate students about everything from corporate culture to opportunities that exist for MBA students.
On-campus Company Presentations: Sponsored by HBS Career & Professional Development, on-campus presentations for first-year students may begin on November 3rd, 2014 after classes end for the day (typically 3:00 p.m.). Our office makes every effort to avoid industry conflicts, but cannot guarantee conflicts will not arise.
- Companies are provided a classroom, which seats 80-100 people.
- Presentations last 45 minutes and typically follow a format of 30 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of Q&A.
- Catering is not permitted.
Off-campus Company Presentations: Off-campus presentations for first-year students may begin on October 27th, 2014. All off-campus presentations must be approved through HBS Career & Professional Development and may not begin before 5:30 p.m.
- Presentations may not conflict with HBS Career & Professional Development-sponsored events.
- Off-campus presentations will be confirmed for 1.5 hours.
- Companies are responsible for managing all off-campus logistics.
- Content Presentations
Content Presentations are non-recruiting presentations (educational in nature, or focused on a specific topic of interest to students). Content presentation requests should be submitted via Career Hub and will be assigned a classroom on-campus. Content presentations are limited to four per semester; two of the four can be held prior to October 27, 2014.
- Must be open to both 1st and 2nd-year students
- Presentations last 45 minutes and typically follow a format of 30 minutes of content followed by 15 minutes of Q & A
- Presentations may not conflict with HBS CPD-sponsored events
- Catering is not permitted
- Other Recruiting Events
There are other ways to educate students about your company culture, career opportunities and recruiting practices. Examples of other recruiting events include receptions, coffee chats and dinners. Regardless of location and sponsor (including clubs and sections), recruiting events must be approved by HBS Career & Professional Development and adhere to our recruiting policies and guidelines.