Over the past four years, the PELP research team has engaged in extensive field research and has written approximately 30 case studies. These 10-15 page discussions are about public school districts working on pressing performance challenges. We invite you to click on the case studies link to review and purchase any study that might provide insights into a particular issue in which you are interested.
We are pleased to also announce that in November 2007, a new book, Leading and Managing Urban School Districts for High Performance (working title), by Stacey Childress, Richard Elmore, Allen Grossman, and Susan Moore Johnson, will be published by Harvard Education Press. This collection of case studies and theme-based modules will provide a valuable resource to urban school leaders and managers working to improve district-wide student performance.
PELP has been featured in various professional and educational publications:
- Archer, Jeff, “Leaders Go to School on Business Practices”, Education Week, August 31, 2005, as first appeared in Education Week. Reprinted with permission from Editorial Projects in Education. Registration for free access required.
- Childress, Stacey, Elmore, Richard, Grossman, Allen, “How to Manage Urban School Districts”, Harvard Business Review, November, 2006
- Childress, Stacey, Richard Elmore, and Allen Grossman, “Promoting a Management Revolution in Public Education”, Harvard Business School Working Knowledge, July 5, 2006.
- Olson, Lynn, "Project Distills Lessons Of 'Coherent' District-Level Reforms", Education Week, July 18, 2007 as first appeared in Education Week. Registration for free access required.
- Stark, Mallory, “Public Education Goes to School”, HBS: Working Knowledge For Business Leaders, Harvard Business School Working Knowledge, December 19, 2005.