Come to HBS for a weekend to participate in our famous case method classes, live on our campus, meet current students and alumni, and get a peek into what an MBA is all about.
HBS Peek Weekend is an educational experience designed for college students to increase their knowledge and insight into the MBA degree.
Peek Weekend will help participants develop a greater understanding of the challenges leaders face, the many dimensions inherent in the business world, and the impact participants can have on their community and the world through organizational leadership.
Using the renowned case method of instruction, HBS faculty will lead class discussions on current management challenges and opportunities. Participants will spend evenings analyzing real business cases, and use morning study groups and classes to examine and debate their ideas through lively interaction with peers and faculty. This is the life of an MBA student at HBS. The classroom experience will be supplemented by sessions with HBS staff, students, and alumni. There will be three cohorts for Peek 2017; each cohort will have specific curriculum in addition to joint sessions for all Peek participants.
Peek participants will learn from the same faculty who teach MBA courses at HBS. Our faculty are internationally recognized for pioneering research and contributions made to business management. Faculty who participated in Peek 2016 included: Felix Oberholzer-Gee, Youngme Moon, and Frances X. Frei.
Who Should Participate in Peek Weekend?
- Curious learners who want to be challenged and learn about decision-making and leadership
- Students who have not had much exposure to business courses but are curious to learn what a business education entails
- Individuals who are exploring career options post-graduation and want to meet MBA students and alumni
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Peek is designed for students who are members of the Class of 2017, 2018, or 2019 in a bachelor’s degree program.
Students should meet ONE of the following criteria to apply:
- Majoring in a STEM discipline (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics areas of study)
- Enrolled at a women's college
- Coming from a family-owned business background
If you don't meet the Peek Weekend criteria please know there are many other ways to get to know HBS - including prospective student days and information sessions. For a full list of offerings please visit our events page.
- Dates: Friday, June 9 – Sunday, June 11, 2017. Participants must be on campus by 4pm on Friday and programming will end midday on Sunday.
- Application: The application for Peek 2017 will be available March 1, 2017. There is no application fee.
- Cost: $200 (this includes case materials, accommodations, and meals for the weekend). We hope that our ability to offer this high quality program at a
low cost will encourage eligible students to pursue this valuable opportunity. Please also note there will be a limited number of need-based fellowships available.
- Accommodations: Participants will be staying in HBS on-campus dormitories.
Do you want to learn more? Fill out our inquiry form to join our mailing list. Have a question? Contact us at peek+hbs.edu.