→ Sign up
Congratulations to all of you who submitted your applications in last week’s Round 2! Didn’t it feel good to hit the “submit” button? We had a beautiful snowfall here in Boston over the weekend, so you can imagine us, sitting by the fireplace with some hot chocolate, getting to know you.
A few Round 2 items to update you on:
• Interview invitations will go out in two waves: January 25 and Feb 1. As before, try not to worry about which day you receive an invitation to interview. It’s an administrative step for us to make sure everything goes smoothly with the interview invitations and sign-ups. Interviews will be held from February 3 – March 6.
• In addition to on-campus interviews in Boston, we will be interviewing in Dubai, London, Menlo Park, New Delhi, New York, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo. No matter where you interview, a member of the Admissions Board will conduct your interview and the process and evaluation will be the same. If you do decide to come to campus to interview, you’ll also have a chance (if you want) to sit in on a class, meet fellow applicants, current students and faculty members.
And now, back to that hot chocolate…
Happy New Year from HBS! With only 24 hours until the Round 2 deadline the Admissions team is ramping up and getting ready to read your applications.
A few things to keep in mind:
• The Round 2 deadline is tomorrow at 12pm EST.
• We are available by phone and email if you have any questions or concerns.
Phone: +1.617.495.6128 Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTechnical Assistance: email@example.com
• Notification day for Round 2 is Wednesday, March 22nd
Please submit your application as early as you are able, but rest assured that we will keep the application open after 12pm EST to receive all the applications that are in the process of being submitted.
We always get questions about late letters of recommendation. Just between you and me (don’t tell your procrastinating recommender), we will continue to accept recommendations all this week. Remember, it’s ultimately on you to make sure both letters are submitted.
I’ll post again in the next week or two to let you know about Round 2 interview invitation dates and hub cities – stay tuned.
Last week we welcomed the first members of the Class of 2019 to the HBS community. Hooray!
We’re now turning our attention to all you Round 2 applicants. A few notes:
• The Round 2 deadline is Wednesday, January 4th at 12pm EST. Applications will not be read before that time. We never shut down the application system until every application in the process of being submitted has been received. You will receive a confirmation email from our system once it goes through.
• We have two webinars coming up that I encourage you to attend if you have any last minute questions or concerns:
o Round 2 Application Webinar 12/21 at 12pm EST
o Financial Aid Webinar 12/21 at 4pm EST
• The office (and all of HBS) will be closed from December 23 – January 2. We will be open 8:00-5:00pm EST on both Tuesday, January 3 and Wednesday, January 4. For Round 2 applicants, there will be limited technical support available over the break at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll also be keeping an eye on our general admissions mailbox, email@example.com, but we will not be responding on the dates HBS is closed unless we think it is critical. I will post another update here when we return after break.
I hope you and your families have a wonderful holiday season, and we look forward to reading your applications in the New Year!
On my way into work this morning I tried to think about what might be most helpful to those of you who applied and interviewed with us in round one. Here goes:
First, let me start with some of the mechanics for Wednesday, December 14. Decisions will be released at 12 noon, Eastern Standard Time, via the Application Status page. (Just log in directly, you don’t need to wait for an email.) There will be one of three decisions: accept, waitlist or release. Accept and release are self-explanatory; the waitlist means that we are really encouraged about your candidacy but have not made a final decision yet. You should take it as a good sign! There will be more details on the waitlist on December 14 and in an email from Eileen Chang later in the week.
Second, some advice. Before decisions are released, take some time (even 10 minutes) to reflect on the past couple of months. What have you learned about yourself and what’s important to you over the next few years (and decades)? How do you want to make a difference in the world and how does HBS fit into those plans? Once the decisions are released, there will be a swirl of activity, conversation and, maybe, emotion—so if you can, take time to feel as grounded as possible going into Wednesday.
We are delighted about the “accept” offers that will go out on Wednesday—we need each of your perspectives in the Class of 2019. We are grateful for all of you who have applied.
For those applying in round two, we haven’t forgotten about you! I know it’s a busy time. I’ll post again with some more thoughts for you next week, but be sure to tune into our Round 2 Q&A webinar on December 14 at 4pm Eastern.
→Show All Postings
Subscribe To This Feed