At Harvard Business School, everything from section life and case studies to field-based learning and Immersion Program Experiences culminates in one larger lesson - what it means to assume leadership within an ever-growing, ever-changing world.
In cases, classrooms, learning teams and more, students exercise the leadership skills they will practice in business and beyond, and leave HBS with lessons in leadership that are practical, priceless and most importantly, real.
MBA students benefit directly from the work of the Leadership Initiative across their two years at HBS.
Students are required to take two leadership-focused courses in their first year:
- Leadership and Organizational Behavior (LEAD)
This course focuses on how managers become effective leaders by addressing the human side of enterprise.
- Leadership and Corporate Accountability
Teaches students about the complex responsibilities facing business leaders today. Through cases about difficult managerial decisions, this course examines the legal, ethical, and economic responsibilities of corporate leaders. It also teaches students about management and governance systems leaders can use to promote responsible conduct by companies and their employees, and shows how personal values can play a critical role in effective leadership.
Students can pursue specific leadership interests in courses like:
- Authentic Leadership Development
- The Board of Directors and Corporate Governance
- Great Business Leaders-The Importance of Contextual Intelligence
- Leading Innovative Ventures
- Leading Professional Service Firms
- Managing Human Capital
- Power and Influence
- Leading and Governing High Performing Nonprofit Organizations
- Alumni Recruiting
- Baker Library | Bloomberg Center
- Business History Review
- Executive Education
- Faculty Blogs
- Harvard Business Publishing
- Harvard Business Publishing: Downturn 2008
- Harvard Business Review
- Harvard Center for the Environment
- Harvard Economists React
- Harvard Green Initiative
- Harvard Office for Sustainability
- Healthcare Research Guide
- HBS Recruiting
- HBS Working Knowledge
- Job Postings
- MBA Health Care Club
- MBA Cross-Registration
- MBA Program
- MBA Registrar Services
- MBA Recruiting
- Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business & Government