back to list

James L. Broadhead

FPL Group

1989 - 2000

Utilities & Energy

Military ServiceArmy 1960-61
1980 b. 1935
male
EducationTwoDegree
UndergraduateCornell University
GraduateJD, Columbia University
Personal
Born-Died1935
BirthplaceNew York (NY)
RaceWhite
Era - 1980

Broadhead reshaped the FPL Group to be more competitive through a major streamlining program. He eliminated 80% of the corporate procedures and shortened the remaining 20%. Under Broadhead's tenure, FPLs customers bought their electric power for 10% less than they paid in 1985.