The Healthcare Club (HCC) is a student-led group and is one of the largest and most active student clubs on campus. The mission of the HCC is to promote the image of HBS as an institution that produces leaders who have an impact in the business of healthcare. We achieve this by providing a forum for students to learn the business of healthcare, prepare for and pursue careers in healthcare, and interact with peers, alumni, professors, and leaders in healthcare.
The Healthcare Club has more than 250 members, comprising MBA students, Ph.D. students, and partners. Their backgrounds span the areas of life sciences, biotech and pharmaceuticals, devices and diagnostics, health IT, payors, providers, policy, international health, venture capital, and professional services such as consulting and investment banking.
Activities and Member Benefits
- Conference: The annual HBS Healthcare Conference is the premier healthcare event in the community. Organized entirely by HCC members, the conference brings together more than 600 students, alumni, and professionals, plus 30 speakers from diverse areas of healthcare.
- Speakers: High-profile speakers from all areas of healthcare visit campus regularly, and HCC hosts speaker events each month. Recent speakers include the CEOs of Johnson & Johnson and Tenet Healthcare, and the former President of the Swiss Federation.
- Networking and Community Building: The club facilitates regular mixers and small group dinners with HCC members, alumni, other business school students, and the broader Harvard community. With a diverse membership base, the club also fosters opportunities for focused interaction among students with similar professional profiles and interests.
- Mentorship: The club matches first- and second-year students with similar interests to share insights and offer advice.
- Careers: HCC offers several resources for students with and without prior healthcare experience, including industry-specific interview preparation, workshops on specific healthcare sectors, and career treks to explore healthcare employment opportunities in a geographic area. The club provides weekly e-mail updates on healthcare internships and full-time job postings.
- Annual Healthcare Club Fundraiser: HCC raises awareness of a healthcare cause and raises money for charity. In the past we have supported Prize4Life, an organization that seeks to accelerate research on ALS.
- Community Service: HCC offers continual opportunities to give back to non-profit and community organizations in the Boston area.