- What is the HBS Health Care Initiative?
The HBS Health Care Initiative was launched in 2005 to promote one of our top priorities—health care. Through courses, industry speakers, career coaching, and alumni engagement the Initiative serves as a gateway to the vast opportunities at HBS, and exposes aspiring health care leaders to the complex facets of this dynamic industry.
- Are any courses required as part of the Health Care Initiative?
There are no course requirements. Simply email us at email@example.com and let us know that you would like to receive our monthly student newsletter. Our newsletters are only available to students, faculty, and alumni.
- Do I need to apply or interview separately for this program?
No separate application or interview process is required to be involved in the Health Care Initiative. However, you may indicate your interest in health care on your HBS application.
- How can I get involved?
You may become involved in the Health Care Initiative in a number of ways:
- For students who are interested in getting involved with the Health Care Initiative, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alumni who work in health care can click on this link to explore additional ways of getting involved.
- Join the Health Care Club and attend events at HBS and around the University, such as speaker series, industry conferences, networking events, and social activities
- Attend any of the 200 health care-focused events held each year at Harvard and HBS, including conferences, forums, and lectures
- Choose a health care-specific alumni mentor
- Connect with a health care career coach for help in refining your career goals
- Take on a leadership role as a Section Rep or Conference Organizer in the Health Care Club
- Sharpen your area of health care interest through field-based learning. Complete an independent study with faculty sponsorship
- Find summer internships with leading recruiting partners in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, health services, venture capital, and consulting organizations
- Explore the health care industry in depth through a number of second-year elective courses
- How does the Health Care Initiative differ from the student club?
Led by faculty and staff, our Health Care Initiative serves the entire HBS community of faculty, alumni, and students. The MBA Health Care Club
offers distinct membership benefits to those students who elect to join the club.
- Do many health care-focused companies recruit at HBS?
Many leading health care organizations recruit at HBS, and our list is competitive with other health care MBA programs. Because Boston is a leader in care delivery and technology innovation, HBS has strong relationships with local health care organizations.
- How can an organization "partner" with the Health Care Initiative?
The Health Care Initiative is commited to supporting our students, faculty, alumni, and executive education participants. Companies that are interested in recruitment opportunities for full-time and summer internship positions, please contact Career and Professional Development
- Are there other Initiatives at HBS?
- What is the Health Care Research Guide?
The comprehensive Health Care Research Guide is compiled by HBS Baker Library Services, and includes all key aspects of health care and related industries.