Any continuing Harvard College undergraduate student in good standing who is interested in participating as a Fellow in a PRIMO-designated research project directed by a Harvard Business School faculty member during the ten weeks of the program is eligible to apply.
How to Apply
A complete application includes the following:
- The Common Application for Research and Travel (CARAT).
- Application Supplement and Essay Questions
- Two letters of recommendation: one from your academic year residential staff (e.g., Dean, Master, Tutor, Proctor), and one from a professor or other academic.
- Transcript with coursework through Fall 2012
Complete applications are due in the Office for Undergraduate Research (2nd Floor, 77 Dunster Street) by no later than Monday 25 February 2013. The office closes at 5:00 p.m., so be sure that your schedule permits a trip before the deadline.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee comprising members of the PRIMO Advisory Board and Steering Committee.
Final selection of PRIMO Fellows is contingent upon verification of placement with faculty in a PRIMO-designated research project.
- Complete the Common Application for Research and Travel (CARAT). No budget is required for PRIMO; please indicate "0" on any budget information request lines. After printing CARAT, discard the budget page.
- Download and carefully read the formal Application Instructions and PRIMO Application Supplement (in .pdf form), which includes instructions for your recommenders.
- Give each of your two selected recommenders a recommender sheet, and make arrangements to pick up completed letters (in sealed envelopes with the recommender's signature across the seal).
- Request an official transcript from the Registrar's Office. When you have received the transcript, OPEN THE ENVELOPE so you can make copies as indicated on the application instructions.
- Collate the components of the application in the order indicated on the application instructions.
- Make a copy of the application. You may want to make an extra copy to keep for your records.
- Submit your application sets (one original and one copy) to the Office for Undergraduate Research (2nd Floor, 77 Dunster Street) by no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday 25 February 2013.
Since a primary purpose of the Program is to build and foster a strong and diverse community of business scholars, a successful application will demonstrate the following:
- A strong dedication to developing or furthering academic interest and excellence in business research;
- The ability and desire to participate successfully and enthusiastically in a diverse residential community of scholars;
- An academic record demonstrating success in coursework that develops theoretical knowledge and/or practical application of academic principles in research;
- A commitment to participate and contribute for the full ten weeks of the Program. Please note that program dates are not flexible. Individuals taking summer school courses, preparing for summer graduate school entrance exam, or engaging in full-time public service projects are not eligible to participate in PRIMO.
Evaluation of the applicant will be based on how well and how effectively the components of the application define and address these qualities and requirements.